Water Main & Roadway Construction
The Village is embarking on an aggressive water main replacement program. This summer the Village will be replacing water main and road pavement on Waubansee, Blackhawk Trail south of Waubansee, East Gate, Shabbona Lane, Tecumseh east of Shabbona, and Cochise Drive east of Osceola. This project is funded through a low interest loan from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
As construction begins, half the roadway in each area will be torn up during construction. After the water main is installed, the Village will repave the entire road so that we have some consistency in how the road looks. This is all part of our long range capital plan.
This area is targeted first as it is the area where we experience the most water main breaks in our system.
Your Village Board has made communications with all residents, especially residents in the construction zone, a priority, so this is what we are going to do:
- We will hold bi-weekly construction meetings to that we can do targeted updates to you as to what is happening on your specific street. This is especially important because when we are switching your water service from the old water main to the new one, you might be without water for a couple of hours.
- We will hold at least one mid-project meeting with you at the Village Hall so that you may voice your thoughts on the construction project and its process.
- You always have access to us through the Village’s website to ask specific questions and get answers to those questions.
- We will have a post project review with you, probably in mid-November to see how we did. We will want to hear about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
We know that construction is not easy for anyone. During this time of renovation, please know that we are trying to make this transition period as smooth as possible. If you do have any complaints, please submit these through our Concern & Complaint Portal online.
Here is the tentative schedule:
Start of Construction (main installation) - Late June/ Early July
Bi-Weekly construction meetings - Ongoing
Road construction - September 2019
End of Construction - October 2019
Project review with community - November 2019
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, email, or stop by Village Hall.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 708-246-3080
- Address: 201 Acacia Drive, Indian Head Park, IL 60525
- Hours: Monday - Friday - 9:00am - 4:00pm, Thursday open until 7:00pm
Water main construction update
As part of our ongoing communications process, the Village of Indian Head Park invites you to a town hall meeting to discuss the status of the water main construction/road construction project in your neighborhood. We would like to update you as to the future schedule of activities and to hear your input as to what we are doing right and where we can improve.
The meeting will be August 22 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. At the Village Hall, 201 Acacia Drive.
It will be an open format. Staff will be available to answer your questions.
As of today, August 2, installation of the new water main is winding down and should be completed before the end of next week. After that we will commence on switching individual homes to the water main. When this happens, you will be out of water for short period of time. Before we shut your water off, we will give you as much notice as possible so that you won’t be caught off guard. All of this should be done by the end of August.
After this phase is completed, we will them be repaving the roads in the construction area. This will be completed by October 15.
THIS IS IMPORTANT
Once you are connected to the new water main, it is important you run water from all of your faucets to help flush out any debris that might be in your service line. We suggest that you remove any faucet screens while this happens. Please run the water for several minutes.
As always, should you have any questions, please contact us at the Village Hall 708-246-3080