- The Administration Department is responsible for the oversight of most Village operations, excluding Police, Public Works, and Fire & Emergency Medical functions.
- Administration is the primary point of contact for residents, local businesses and visitors to our community.
- The Administration Department provides vital functions in the areas of finance, community development, and communications.
Village Administrator ResponsibilitiesThe Village of Indian Head Park has a full time Village Administrator who has the following key responsibilities:
- Serves as the chief appointed officer of the Village
- Serves as the Village Attorney's chief advisor, keeping him informed of all important matters
- Provides human resource functions, include recruiting, supervising and disciplining personnel
- Implements and administers Village ordinances and resolutions
- Recommends tax levy, recommends and administers the appropriation ordinance, and recommends capital projects and financing options In conjunction with the Finance Manager
- At the request of the Mayor and other elected officials, prepares reports and responds to requests for information
- Serves as advisor and works closely with consultants regarding all activity related to economic development
- Promotes and maintains responsive community relations with residents and businesses
- Participates in collective bargaining negotiations
- Engages in risk management, including claim administration