Emergencies with Drainage, Sewer or Water

If you encounter an emergency drainage, sewer or water issue outside of regular business hours, please call the non-emergency Police Department number at 708-246-4534. You will need to fill out a Drainage & Sewer Complaint Form

If your emergency occurs during regular business hours please contact Ed Santen,Superintendent of Public Works and Water at 708-246-1233 x1.
  1. Drainage & Sewer Issues
  2. Water System Issues

Sewer & Drainage Issues

Residents experiencing sewer line problems should call the Village Public Works Department immediately before calling a plumber or contractor. The blockage could be in the Village's sewer line, and the Public Works Department can help determine where the problem is. If the problem is in the private service line to the house, the resident could be advised of further action.

Please remember not to put any foreign objects into your drainage system at home, e.g., paper towels, diapers, sanitary products and rags. In addition, do not introduce paint, motor oil, antifreeze or other hazardous chemicals or products into your drainage. These materials can be dangerous and they cause backups in the sanitary sewer system.